Organisation : Telangana State Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Name Of The Exam : Group I Service Exam
Website : https://tspsc.gov.in/
Download Syllabus Here : http://www.syllabus.gen.in/uploads/1425-GroupI.pdf
Group I Exam Syllabus :
General Studies And Mental Ability (Preliminary Test)
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
2. International Relations and Events.
3. General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
Related : B.Sc.Ed Syllabus Regional Institute Of Education : www.syllabus.gen.in/1418.html
4. Environmental Issues : Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
5. Economic and Social Development of India.
6. World Geography, Indian Geography and Geography of Telangana state.
7. History and Cultural Heritage of India.
8. Indian Constitution and Polity.
9. Governance and Public Policy in India.
10. Policies of Telangana State.
11. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
12. Social Exclusion : Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies.
13. Logical Reasoning : Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
Written Examination : (Main)
General English (Qualifying Test) (X Class Standard, Qualifying For Interview)
1 Spotting Errors – Spelling; Punctuation
2 Fill in the blanks – Prepositions; Conjunctions; Verb tenses
3 Re-writing sentences – Active and Passive voice; Direct & Reported Speech; Usage of Vocabulary
4 Jumbled sentences
6 Précis Writing
8 Letter Writing
Paper-I : General Essay
(Candidate should write three Essays, selecting one from each Section compulsorily. Each Section contains three Questions. Each Essay carries 50 marks.)
1. Contemporary Social Issues and Social Problems.
2. Issues of Economic Growth and Justice.
1. Dynamics of Indian Politics.
2. Historical and Cultural Heritage of India.
1. Developments in Science and Technology.
2. Education and Human Resource Development.
Paper-II : History, Culture And Geography
I. History and Culture of India, with special reference to Modern Period (1757 to 1947 A.D.)
1. Early Indian Civilizations-Indus and Vedic; Emergence of Religious Movements in the sixth century BC – Jainism and Buddhism;
Indo- Greek Art and Architecture – Gandhara, Mathura and Amaravathi Schools; Social and Cultural condition under the Mauryan, Satavahanas and Guptas .
2. Advent of Islam and its impact on Indian Society – Nature and significance of Bhakti and Sufi Movements;
Contribution of Kakatiya, and Vijayanagara rulers to Language, Literature, Art and Architecture: the contribution of Delhi Sultans and Mughals to Language , Literature, Art, Architecture and Fine Arts, Monuments; Emergence of Composite Culture in the Deccan and India.
3. The Establishment of British Colonial Rule in India : Carnatic Wars , Battle of Plassey, Anglo-Mysore, Anglo-Maratha and Anglo-Sikh Wars; Economic Impact of British Colonial Rule: Land Revenue Settlements in British India; -Commercialization of Agriculture;
Rise of Landless Agrarian Labour; Famines and Poverty;De-industrialization; Decline of Traditional Crafts; Drain of Wealth; Growth of Trade and Commerce- Economic Transformation of India; Railroads, Transport and Communication Network- Telegraph and Postal Services.
4. Anti – British uprisings : Tribal and Peasant revolts in the Nineteenth Century-Causes and Consequences of 1857 revolt. Factors responsible for the rise of Indian Nationalism;
Rise and Growth of Socio- Religious and Anti-Caste Movements: Brahma Samaj, Arya Samaj, Aligarh Movement, Satya Shodak Samaj, Jotiba and Savithribhai Phule, Pandita Ramabai, Narayana Guru, Ayyankali, Annie Beasant;
Non- Brahmin, Justice and Self-Respect Movements: Periyar, Mahatma Gandhi, Ambedkar and others.
5. Three Phases of Indian Freedom Struggle, 1885-1947. The rise and growth of All India Kisan Sabha, Workers and Tribal movements; Issue of Gender and Women’s movement; Growth of Socialist and Communist Movements; Growth of Communalism; Independence and Partition of India.