Organisation : Telangana Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Name Of The Exam : Group III Service Exam
Website : http://tspsc.gov.in/TSPSCWEB0508/
Download Syllabus Here : http://www.syllabus.gen.in/uploads/1435-Group-III.pdf
Group III Exam Syllabus :
Paper I : General Studies And General Abilities
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
2. International Relations and Events.
3. General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
Related : Group II Service Exam Syllabus Telangana Public Service Commission : www.syllabus.gen.in/1430.html
4. Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
5. World Geography, Indian Geography and Geography of Telangana State.
6. History and Cultural Heritage of India.
7. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
8. Policies of Telangana State.
9. Social Exclusion, Rights Issues and Inclusive Policies.
10. Logical Reasoning; Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
11. Basic English. (8th Class Standard)
Paper II : History, Polity And Society
I. Socio-Cultural History of Telangana and Formation of Telangana State
1. Satavahanas, Ikshvakus, Vishnukundins, Mudigond and Vemulawada Chalukyas and their contribution to culture; Social System; Religious conditions; Buddhism and Jainism in Ancient Telangana; Growth of Language and Literature, Art and Architecture.
2. The establishment of Kakatiya kingdom and their contribution to socio-cultural development. Growth of Telugu Language and Literature under the Kakatiyas – Art, Architecture and Fine Arts.
Rachakonda and Deverakonda Velamas, Social and Religious Conditions; Growth of Telugu Language and Literature, Popular protest against Kakatiyas: Sammakka – Sarakka Revolt;
Socio- Cultural contribution of Qutubshahis – Growth of Language, Literature, Art, Architecture, Festivals, Dance, and Music. Emergence of Composite Culture.
3. AsafJahi Dynasty; Nizam-British Relations: Salarjung Reforms and its impact; Socio – Cultural- Religious Conditions under the Nizams: Educational Reforms, Establishment of Osmania University and Higher Education; Growth of Employment and the Rise of Middle Classes.
4. Socio-cultural and Political Awakening in Telangana : Role of Arya Samaj-Andhra Mahasabha; Andhra Saraswatha Parishat, Literary and Library movements, Adi- Hindu movement, Andhra Mahila Sabha and the growth of Women’s movement;
Tribal Revolts, Ramji Gond and Kumaram Bheemu, -The Telangana Peasant Armed Struggle ; Causes and Consequences.
5. Integration of Hyderabad State into Indian Union and formation of Andhra Pradesh. Gentlemen Agreement; Mulki Movement 1952-56; Violation of Safeguards – Regional imbalances – Assertion of Telangana identity;
Agitation for Separate Telangana State 1969-70 – Growth of popular protest against discrimination and movements towards the formation of Telangana State 1971-2014.
II. Overview of the Indian Constitution and Politics
1. Evolution of Indian Constitution – Nature and Salient Features – Preamble.
2. Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of State Policy – Fundamental Duties.
3. Distinctive Features of Indian Federalism – Distribution of Legislative and Administrative Powers between Union and States.
4. Union and State Governments – President – Prime Minister and Council of Ministers; Governor, Chief Minister and Council of Ministers – Powers and Functions.
5. Rural and Urban Governance with special reference to the 73rd and 74th Amendments.
6. Electoral System : Free and Fair Elections, Malpractices; Election Commission; Electoral Reforms and Political Parties.
7. Judicial System in India – Judicial Activism.