Organisation : Telangana Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Designation : Trained Graduate Teacher in Residential Educational Institution Societies
TGT Syllabus :
Paper : General Studies, General Abilities and Basic Proficiency In English
Section-I : General Studies
1. Current affairs Regional, National & International.
2. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
Related : Group III Service Exam Syllabus Telangana Public Service Commission : www.syllabus.gen.in/1435.html
3. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc.and inclusive policies.
4. Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, Arts and Literature of India and Telangana
5. General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
6. Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
7. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
Section-II : General Abilities
9. Analytical abilities : Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
10. Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
11. Teaching aptitude
Section III : Basic Proficiency in English
i) School Level English Grammar : Articles; Tense; Noun & Pronouns; adjectives; adverbs; Verbs; Modals; Subject-Verb agreement; Non-Finite; reported speech; Degrees of Comparison; active and Passive Voice; Prepositions; Communications; Conditionals.
ii) Vocabulary : Synonyms and antonyms; Phrasal Verbs; Related Pair of Words; Idioms and Phrases; Proverbs.
iii) Words and Sentences : Use of Words ; Choosing appropriate words and Words often Confused; Sentence arrangement, Completion, Fillers and Improvement; Transformation of Sentences ; Comprehension; Punctuation; Spelling Test; Spotting of Errors.
Main Exam Syllabus :
Paper I : Pedagogy of English Language
1. The Nature of language and its Historical Development ; First Language; Second Language and Third Language ; Different Types of Languages; Mother Tongue;
Languages of Different Professions; Importance of languages across School Curriculum; Contributions of Creative Writers.
2. Values, aims and Objectives of Teaching Languages
3. Child Development; Psychology of Teaching and Learning Languages; Language, Thinking and Creativity.
4. Language Curriculum : Construction ,Organization and Development
5. Language Skills; Planning for Effective Instruction in Language Classrooms: Different Plans and Designing Learning Experiences.
6. Approaches, Methods and Techniques of Teaching Languages with special reference to School Content (Prose/Fiction /Poetry/Drama/Essay)
7. Teaching and Learning Resources and Designing Instructional Material for Languages; Language Labs; Teaching aids ; Textbooks; ICT in Language Teaching and Learning
8. Measurement and Evaluation in Languages: Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE); Tools and Techniques of Evaluation; achievement and Diagnostic Tests.
9. Learning Disabilities/Difficulties and Education of Exceptional/ Disabled Children in Languages
10. Language and Everyday Life; Language Issues and Policies. National and State Curriculum frameworks.