Organisation : Telangana Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Designation : Assistant Executive Engineer
Website : http://tspsc.gov.in/TSPSCWEB0508/
Download Syllabus Here : http://www.syllabus.gen.in/uploads/1444-Asst-Exec.pdf
Assistant Executive Engineer Syllabus :
Paper I : General Studies And General Abilities
1. Current affairs Regional, National and International.
2. International affairs.
3. General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology.
Related : TGT Syllabus Trained Graduate Teacher Telangana Public Service Commission : www.syllabus.gen.in/1439.html
4. Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
5. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
6. Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
7. Physical, Social and Economic Geography and Demography of Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
9. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
10. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
11. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies.
12. Society, Culture, Heritage, Literature of Telangana.
13. Policies of Telangana State.
14. Logical Reasoning; analytical ability and Data Interpretation.
15. Basic English. (10th class Standard)
Paper-II : Civil Engineering (Degree Level)
1. Building Materials And Construction :
Bricks Types of Bricks, Indian standard classification, properties; Stones Types of stones, classification, properties, dressing and polishing of stones; Methods of Quarrying; Cement Different grades and types of cement, properties and IS specifications;
Aggregates coarse and fine aggregate, properties and IS specifications; Cement Mortar Proportions of cement mortar for various applications;
Concrete Constituents of Concrete, Different grades of Concrete, mix proportioning using IS Code, Properties of fresh and hardened Concrete; Admixtures Types of admixtures
2. Strength of Materials And Theory of Structures :
Strength of Materials : Simple stresses and strains, elastic constants and relationship between them; Compound bars; Temperature stresses; Shear forces and bending moment diagrams for beams;
Principal stresses and Mohr’s circle of stress, Theory of bending and bending stresses ; Shear stress distribution; Theory of torsion; Springs; Deflections of beams; Thin and thick cylinders; analysis of trusses, Betti-Maxwell theorem; Shear centre and unsymmetrical bending.
Theory of Structures: Direct and bending stresses; Columns and struts; Strain energy method; Moving loads and influence lines; arches and suspension bridges; Static and kinematic indeterminacy;
Moment distribution, Slope deflection, and Kani’s methods applied to continuous beams and portal frames; Column analogy and matrix methods of analysis.
3. RCC and Steel Structures :
Concrete Structures : Materials, permissible stresses and IS Specifications; Working stress methods; Limit State Method – Stress Blocks parameters, design of Beams, Slabs, Columns and Footing; Design for Shear and Torsion;
Design of Retaining Walls, Water tanks, and T-Beam Slab bridges; Yield line theory. Steel Structures: Properties of steel sections, permissible stresses, IS Specifications; Riveted and welded Moints and connections;
Design of simple and compound Beams and Columns, Column bases, Roof trusses, Plate and Gantry Girders; Plate Girder Lattice Girder Railway bridges, and Bearings. Plastic analysis.
Pre-Stressed Concrete: Basic concepts, material for pre-stressing, losses in Pre-stress, classification of pre-stressing system; analysis of PSC Sections.
4. Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics :
Fluid Properties; Measurement of Pressure – Manometers; Fluid Kinematics Classification of Fluids, Stream function and Velocity potential, significance and use of Flownets, Fluid dynamics – Continuity equation, Bernoulli’s equations and Impulse momentum equation;
Laminar and Turbulent flow through pipes significance of Reynolds number, Hagen Poiseuille’s equation, Darcy Weisbach equation, Friction factor, Water hammer phenomenon;
Compressible flow Bernoulli’s equation for Isothermal and adiabatic conditions, Mach Number, Mach cone, stagnation properties; Steady uniform flow through open channels; Gradually varied flows significance of Froude number, classification and computation of Flow profiles, Hydraulic Mump, Surges;
Boundary layer Laminar and Turbulent Boundary layer, Boundary layer thickness, rough and smooth Boundaries, Boundary layer separation; Dimensional analysis and similarity laws;
Hydraulic Turbines classification, Velocity triangles, principles and design of reaction and impulse turbines; Centrifugal pumps specific speed, work done and efficiency, characteristic curves