Organisation : Telangana Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Designation : Principals in Residential Educational Institution Societies
Principal Syllabus :
Paper : General Studies, General Abilities and Basic Proficiency In English
Section I : General Studies
1. Current affairs Regional, National & International.
2. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
Related : Syllabus for Assistant Executive Engineer Telangana Public Service Commission : www.syllabus.gen.in/1444.html
3. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc.and inclusive policies.
4. Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, arts and Literature of India and Telangana
5. General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
6. Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
7. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
Section II : General Abilities
9. Analytical abilities : Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
10. Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
11. Teaching aptitude
Section III : Basic Proficiency in English
i) School Level English Grammar: articles; Tense; Noun & Pronouns; adjectives; adverbs; Verbs; Modals; Subject-Verb agreement; Non-Finite; Reported Speech; Degrees of Comparison; active and Passive Voice; Prepositions; Conjunctions; Conditionals.
ii) Vocabulary : Synonyms and antonyms; Phrasal Verbs; Related Pair of Words; Idioms and Phrases; Proverbs.
iii) Words and Sentences : Use of Words ; Choosing appropriate words and Words often Confused; Sentence arrangement, Completion, Fillers and Improvement; Transformation of Sentences ; Comprehension; Punctuation; Spelling Test; Spotting of Errors
Paper I : Pedagogy Across the Curriculum and School Management and Administration
Section A : Pedagogy Across the Curriculum
I. The Nature of liberal disciplines of knowledge and its Historical Development including the contributions of important thinkers across the disciplines given in the school textbooks. Importance of Cognitive and Non-Cognitive areas in School Curriculum
II. Values, aims and Objectives of Teaching Liberal and Creative Disciplines of Knowledge including Vocational subjects, Crafts, Performance and Fine $rts etc.
III. Child Development; Psychology of Teaching and Learning Disciplines of Knowledge.
IV. Curriculum : Construction ,Organization and Development
V. Approaches, Methods and Techniques of Teaching Disciplines of Knowledge
VI. Planning for Effective Instruction: Different Plans and Designing Learning Experiences
VII. Learning Resources and Designing Instructional Material ; Labs; Teaching aids ; Textbooks; ICT integration.
VIII. Measurement and Evaluation : Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) ; Tools and Techniques of Evaluation; achievement and Diagnostic Tests.
IX. Learning Disabilities/Difficulties and Education of Exceptional/ Disabled Children
X. Disciplines of Knowledge and Everyday Life ; Non-formal Education in Schools
XI. Pedagogical Concerns : Teaching and Its relationship with Learning and Learner, Learners in Contexts: Situating learner in the Sociology-Political and Cultural Context ;
Managing Behavior problems, Guidance & Counseling, Punishment and Its legal implications, Rights of a Child, Time Management, Distinction between assessment for Learning and assessment of Learning, School based assessment, Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation: Perspective and Practice; Understanding Teaching and Learning in the context of NCF and Right to Education act