Organisation : Telangana Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Designation : Physical Education Teacher
PET Syllabus :
Paper I : General Studies and General Abilities
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
2. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
3. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc.and inclusive policies.
Related : Syllabus for Assistant Engineer Telangana Public Service Commission : www.syllabus.gen.in/1463.html
4. Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, Arts and Literature of India and Telangana
5. General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology
6. Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
7. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state
9. Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
10. Analytical Abilities : Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
11. Basic English.
Paper II : Physical Education
I. Bases of Physical Education :
Nature and Meaning of Physical Education; The biological basis of life; Growth andDevelopment; Physical Education and Recreation as socializingfactors – Cooperation and Competition; Character building andAdjustive development through Games and Sports.
Philosophy of PhysicalEducation History of Physical Education – Ancient History, Greece, Sprata, Athens, Ancient Rome – German, Ancient Modern, Olympic moment, Historical development of Physical Education of in India and status of various committees and their recommendations
II. Organization and Administration of Physical Education :
Meaning of the terms organization, Administration and Supervision; Guiding Principles of Organization; Play fields – Construction and Maintenance – Equipment – Purchase and Care and Maintenance;
Layout and Maintenance of Swimming Pool Athletic Track and Gymnasium; Time Table; Sports Budget and Accounting; Records and Registers; Concept and types of Supervision ; Qualities of good Supervisors, Guiding principles of Supervision.
III. Sports Psychology :
Psychology, Meaning and Definition of Psychology – Definition of Sports Psychology, need and importance – Development and stages – Motor development, Social Development
Role of Maturation – Individual differences, Personality and well built sports personality, Types of personality, Theories of personality – Emotion, positive and negative emotion – Anxiety – Aggression – Arousal and Activation, role of emotion in sports and control of emotion in sports;
Play – Theories of Play Learning – Kinds of Learning – Laws of Learning – Learning curve – Transfer of Training. Motivation – Meaning, definition and its importance.
IV. Methods and Materials in Physical Education :
Presentation techniques – Personal and Technical – Management of Class; Methods of Teaching – Factors influencing method – Verbal Explanation, Demonstration, Explanation, Discussion and Supervision; Lesson Planning;
Tournaments – Types of Tournaments – Knock out, League and Combination – Fixtures for Tournaments – Knock-out League fixtures; Classification – Classification of Students – Homogenous group and Heterogenous group; Characteristics of Good Test;
Sports Training Method of Training – Definition of Sports Training – importance of Training – Types of Training Methods – Resistance, circuit, Interval and Continuous warning up types and cool down Fatigue – Types of Fatigue – Effect on sports performance; Various Recovery methods and types of recovery.
V. Anatomy and Physiology and Kinesiology :
Structure and Functions of cell; Skeletal system ; Muscular system, Respiratory system; Digestive system ; Circulatory system ; Excretory system Nervous system – Structure and Functions of Human Brain and Spinal cord and their effect with exercise ; Kinesiology