Organisation : Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
Announcement : Std-XII Economics HSC Syllabus
The Framework of this curriculum is based on National Economic Policy to explain the students the nature of Indian Economy. Problems of Population explosion, Poverty, Unemployment, Measures to remove these problems. What are the Infra-structure facilities in the country, its development and its importance is included in the curriculum.
To make the students understand the above problems. This subject should be explained at Micro and Macro level. In future this curriculum will help students for higher education.
General Objective :
1) To make the students understand the changes in Indian Economy and problems faced by the economy.
2) To make them inquisitive about the infra structural facilities in Indian Economy.
3) To explain to them the Principles of Micro & Macro Economics
4) To make students aware of concepts like Money, Banking, National Income, Public budget etc.
5) To create awareness among the students regarding qualities required for skilled entrepreneur (Leadership qualities)
Specific objectives :
1) To help the students to understand the basic concepts of economic growth & economic development.
2) To develop ability of student to understand the challenges before the Indian Economy.
3) To create interest among the students to know the dynamic nature of Indian Economy and arising problems. In order to create economic equality, weaker and socially deprived groups are to be involved in the process of economic development.
4) To create awareness among students about objectives of new economic policy.
5) To prepare the students to understand the process of economic planning in Indian Economy.
6) To understand the basic Infra structural facilities of Indian Economy.
7) To motivate the students to collect, organize and classify graphical presentation of statistical data.
8) To motivate skillful abilities of the students to make graphical presentation of data.
9) To introduce students, Index numbers and construction of Index numbers.
10) To prepare them to make use of the technical knowledge of the curriculum in their day to day life.
A Section – Indian Economic development
1) Economic development & Economic growth
2) Quality of human life – Introduction – Physical quality of Life Index & Human Development Index.
3) Major challenges before Indian Economy
4) Economic Reforms since 1991 & its main features.
5) Economic Planning
a) Meaning and objectives
b) 10th Five year plan – a study
6) Infra structural development in India.
B Section – Introduction to statistics
7) Introduction to statistics
8) Collection & organization of Data
9) Graphical presentation of data
10) Measures of Central Tendency Mean, Median & Mode
11) Index Numbers.
1. Introduction to Micro Economics
2. Consumers behavior
3. a. Analysis of Demand
b. Elasticity of Demand
4. Analysis of Supply
5. Types of Market & Price determination
under Perfect competition
6. Factors of Production
7. Introduction to Macro Economics
8. National Income
9. Determinants of Aggregates
11. Commercial Bank
12. Central Bank
13. Public Economics