Organisation : Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd.
Announcement : Syllabus
Designation : Junior Engineer Civil, Electrical
JE Syllabus :
1. Different systems of Power Generation — basic knowledge, merits & demerits.
2. Power Distribution System: over head & under ground systems, construction & maintenance practices, classification of voltages.
Related : Assistant Engineer Syllabus For Civil, Electrical Transmission Corporation : www.syllabus.gen.in/1368.html
3. House / domestic wiring & industrial wiring: Single phase and three phase distribution, two way circuits, testing & energisation procedures.
4. Electrical Substations — Schematic line diagram, working principles, functions of Transformers, CT & PT units, Circuit Breakers, Gang Operating Switches, Drop Out Fuses, MCBs, MCCBs, Change Over switches, their maintenance, troubles & trouble shooting, concept of maximum demand, connected load, demand factor, diversity factor, power factor, energy tariff.
Power shut down procedures. Tests of transformers & conditions of parallel operation. Power factor improvement methods.
5. Earthing of Electrical installations and its importance, types of earthing, measurement of earth resistance, maintenance of earthing systems.
6. Safety requirements while working on Electrical installations, checks to be carried out before commissioning of new electrical equipments / installations. Reporting & dealing of electrical accidents, electric shock, shock treatment, extinguishing of electrical fires & knowledge of use of fire extinguishers, Indian Electricity Rules & Act.
7. AC .& DC circuits, Ohm’s Law, Krichhoff’s Law, series parallel circuits, laws of magnetism, electromagnetic induction, Fleming’s rules — left hand & right hand, current, voltage, resistance, power, energy, HP. Calculation of energy consumption.
8. Cables, wires, insulators, insulation resistance, insulating materials, different types of joints -basic knowledge. Laying of cables, faults in cables & identification methods.
9. Illumination — fundamentals of illumination, types of lamps & accessories and their applications. Concepts of various lighting schemes – indoor lighting, street lighting & yard lighting etc. Energy efficient lighting systems.
10. Pumps — Working principle, types of pumps, their applications & selections, starters, over load relays, single phase preventer- wiring diagram, trouble shooting.
11. AC Machines: working principle & construction of alternators and various type of AC motors, starters- DOL and star-delta, their wiring / connection diagrams.
12. DC Machines: working principle, construction & characteristics of generators, DC Motors, starters & their wiring / connection diagrams.
13. Cells & batteries: rechargeable dry cells, lead acid cells, VRLA cells, SMF batteries, battery charging, recording of specific gravity and voltage, maintenance of batteries & battery chargers.
14. Basics of air conditioning, refrigeration cycle, working principles of refrigerator, water coolers, fans, air conditioning units, power supply connection wiring diagrams. Refrigerants and their properties.
15. Working principle and applications of Electrical measuring instruments like Megger, Earth Tester, Lux meter, Ammeter, Voltmeter, Anemometer, Kwh meter, Multimeter, Watt-meter.
16. Energy auditing, energy conservation measures, Global warming, Green energy
** Logical Reasoning.
** Alphanumeric Series.
** Data Sufficiency.
** Blood Relations.
** Seating Arrangement.
** Input Output.
** PuzzleTabulation also.
** Coding Decoding.
** Coded Inequalities.
** Ranking/ Alphabet Test/ Direction.
General awareness :
** International & National Organizations.
** General Science.
** General Knowledge.
** Current Affairs.
** Indian Economy.
** Time & Distance.
** Ratio & Proportion, Percentage.
** Sequence & Series.
** Data Interpretation also.
** Number Systems.
** Surds & Indices.
** Profit & Loss.
** Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere.
** Mixtures & Alligations.
** Work & Time.
** Simple Interest & Compound Interest.
** Permutation, Combination.
Technical Ability & General Science :
** Building Materials.
** Concrete Technology.
** Theory of Structures.
** Estimating, Costing, and Valuation.
** Structural Engineering.
** Environmental Engineering.
** Transportation Engineering.
** Irrigation Engineering.
** RCC Design, Steel Design.
** Soil Mechanics.
General Science :
** Environmental Science.