Organisation : Telangana Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Designation : Post Graduate Teacher Syllabus
PGT Syllabus :
Paper : General Studies, General Abilities and Basic Proficiency In English
Section I : General Studies
1. Current affairs Regional, National & International.
2. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
Related : Staff Nurse Syllabus Telangana Public Service : www.syllabus.gen.in/1453.html
3. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc.and inclusive policies.
4. Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, Arts and Literature of India and Telangana
5. General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
6. Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
7. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
Section II : General Abilities
9. Analytical abilities : Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
10. Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
11. Teaching aptitude
Section III : Basic Proficiency in English
i) School Level English Grammar : Articles; Tense; Noun & Pronouns; adjectives; adverbs; Verbs; Modals; Subject-Verb agreement; Non-Finite; reported speech; Degrees of Comparison; active and Passive Voice; Prepositions; Communications; Conditionals.
ii) Vocabulary : Synonyms and antonyms; Phrasal Verbs; Related Pair of Words; Idioms and Phrases; Proverbs.
iii) Words and Sentences : Use of Words ; Choosing appropriate words and Words often Confused; Sentence arrangement, Completion, Fillers and Improvement; Transformation of Sentences ; Comprehension; Punctuation; Spelling Test; Spotting of Errors.
Paper I : Pedagogy of English Language
1. The Nature of language and its Historical Development ; First Language; Second Language and Third Language ; Different Types of Languages; Mother Tongue; Languages of Different Professions; Importance of languages across School Curriculum; Contributions of Creative Writers.
2. Values, Aims and Objectives of Teaching Languages
3. Child Development; Psychology of Teaching and Learning Languages; Language, Thinking and Creativity.
4. Language Curriculum : Construction ,Organization and Development
5. Language Skills; Planning for Effective Instruction in Language Classrooms: Different Plans and Designing Learning Experiences.
6. Approaches, Methods and Techniques of Teaching Languages with special reference to School Content (Prose/Fiction /Poetry/Drama/Essay)
7. Teaching and Learning Resources and Designing Instructional Material for Languages; Language Labs; Teaching Aids ; Textbooks; ICT in Language Teaching and Learning
8. Measurement and Evaluation in Languages: Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE); Tools and Techniques of Evaluation; Achievement and Diagnostic Tests.
9. Learning Disabilities/Difficulties and Education of Exceptional/ Disabled Children in Languages
10. Language and Everyday Life; Language Issues and Policies. National and State Curriculum frameworks.
Paper II : English Language & Literature
Part A :
I. Reading Comprehension of unseen passage.
II. Grammar and Vocabulary.
1) Parts of Speech;
2) Subject and predicate;
3) Types of sentences – Transformations;
4) Conjunctions (Linkers; connectors; cohesive devices) ;
5) Verbs (Regular and Irregular) and modals;
6) Tense and Time;
8) Adverbs – types and their order in sentences;
9) Adjectives including Degrees of Comparison and also Quantifiers;
10) Articles – Determiners.
11) Clauses; (Noun Clauses – Adjective clauses; adverbial clauses);
13) Direct and Indirect Speech;
14) Infinitives; gerunds; participles ;
15) Phrasal verbs ; Idioms ; prepositional phrases ; (Noun phrases; verb phrases; adverbial phrases);
16) Forming Questions and Question Tags.;
17) Correction of Sentences.;
18) Figures of Speech;
22) Homonyms ;
25) Vocabulary in context;
26) Proverbs ;
27) One word substitutes;
28) Composition : Paragraph, essay, expansion, précis, Letter writing, message, notice, article and report writing.