Organisation : Telangana Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Designation : Junior Lecturer
Junior Lecturer Syllabus :
Paper : General Studies, General Abilities and Basic Proficiency in English
Section I : General Studies
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
2. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
Related : Music Teacher Syllabus Telangana Public Service Commission : www.syllabus.gen.in/1479.html
3. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc.and inclusive policies.
4. Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, Arts and Literature of India and Telangana
5. General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology
6. Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
7. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
Section II : General Abilities
9. Analytical Abilities : Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
10. Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
11. Teaching Aptitude
Section III : Basic Proficiency in English
i) School Level English Grammar:Articles; Tense; Noun & Pronouns; Adjectives; Adverbs; Verbs;
Modals; Subject-Verb Agreement; Non-Finites; Reported Speech; Degrees of Comparison; Active and Passive Voice; Prepositions; Conjunctions; Conditionals.
ii) Vocabulary: Synonyms and Antonyms; Phrasal Verbs; Related Pair of Words; Idioms and Phrases; Proverbs.
iii) Words and Sentences : Use of Words ; Choosing Appropriate words and Words often Confused; Sentence Arrangement, Completion, Fillers and Improvement; Transformation of Sentences ; Comprehension; Punctuation; Spelling Test; Spotting of Errors.
Main Exam Syllabus :
Paper I : Pedagogy Across the Curriculum
I.The History and Nature of liberal disciplines of knowledge. Importance of Cognitive and Non-Cognitive areas in Education.
II.Values, Aims and Objectives of Teaching Liberal and Creative Disciplines of Knowledge including Vocational subjects, Crafts, Performance and Fine arts etc.
III.Psychology of Human Development; Psychology of Teaching and Learning.
IV.Curriculum : Construction ,Organization and Development
V.Approaches, Methods and Techniques of Teaching Disciplines of Knowledge
VI.Planning for Effective Instruction : Different Plans and Designing Learning Experiences.
VII. Learning Resources and Designing Instructional Material ; Labs; Teaching Aids ; Textbooks; ICT integration; OERs (Open Educational Resources).
VIII.Measurement and Evaluation : Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) ; Tools and Techniques of Evaluation; Achievement and Diagnostic Tests. Critical approach to assessment and evaluation.
IX. Learning Disabilities; Learning Difficulties and Education of Exceptional and Disabled Children
X. Disciplines of Knowledge and Everyday Life ; Non-formal Education in the Institutions of Learning.
XI. Pedagogical Concerns : Quality and Academic Standards; Teaching and Its relationship with Learning and Learner, Learners in Contexts: Situating learner in the Socio-Political and Cultural Context ;
Managing Behavior problems, Guidance & Counseling, Punishment and Its legal implications, Rights of a Child, Time Management, Distinction between Assessment for Learning and Assessment of Learning, School Based Assessment, Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation;Understanding Teaching and Learning in the context of NCF and Right to Education Act