Organisation : Telangana Public Service Commission
Announcement : Syllabus
Designation : Craft Teacher
Website : http://tspsc.gov.in/TSPSCWEB0508/
Download Syllabus Here : http://www.syllabus.gen.in/uploads/1475-Craft-teacher.pdf
Craft Teacher Syllabus :
Paper : General Studies and Craft and Craft Education
Section I : General Studies
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
2. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
Related : Syllabus for Art Teacher Telangana Public Service Commission : www.syllabus.gen.in/1471.html
3. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc., and inclusive policies.
4. Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, Arts and Literature of India and Telangana
5. General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology
6. Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
7. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
9. Analytical Abilities : Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
10. Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
Section II : Craft and Craft Education
I. Sewing Machine : Parts – Common Faults and Remedies, Equipment and Materials used in Garment Construction – Preparation of Fabric – Shrinking, Straightening and Pressing
II. Plain Needle Work :
a. Basic stitches – Even basting, Uneven basting, Running, Hemming and Back Stitch.
b. Seams and Seam Finishes – Plain Seam, Lapped Seam, French Seam, Run and Fell Seam, Pinked Seam Finish, Edge Stitch seam Finish, Double stitch seam finish, Herring Bone stitch seam finish.
c. Fullness in Garments
i. Darts – Types – Single pointed darts, Double pointed darts and Decorative darts.
ii. Tucks – Types – Pin Tucks, Corded Tucks, Cross Tucks
iii. Pleats – Types – Knife pleats, Box pleats.
iv. Finishing of Raw edges and Finishes – Facing, Piping, Binding, False Hem.
v. Placket opening and Fastners
vi. Placket Openings – Simple Hem, Continuous Wrap Opening, Two Piece Bound opening
vii. Fastness – Button, Button holes, Shank buttons, Hooks and Eyes, Zips.
III. Collars, Pockets, Sleeves and Yokes :
a. Collars – Types – Peter Pan Collars, Cape Collars, Shirt Collar.
b. Pockets – Types – Patch Pocket, Flap Pocket, Seam, Bound Pocket.
c. Sleeves – Plain Sleeves, Puff Sleeves
d. Yokes – Round yoke and Square yoke
IV. Mending :
a. Darning – Types – Straight Tear, Hedge Tear
b. Patch Work – Plain Patch and Printed Patch
V. Drafting of Jangia and Jabla :
a. Drafting of Jangia
b. Drafting of Jabla
VI.Drafting of Princess Petticoat, Frocks and Saree Petticoat :
a. Drafting of Princess Petticoat
b. Drafting of Frock
c. Drafting of Saree Petticoat
VII. Drafting of Others :
a. Drafting of Skirt;
b. Drafting of Saree Blouse;
c. Drafting of Punjabi Shirt
d. Drafting of Shalwar;
e. Drafting of Chudidar
VIII. Embroidery :
a. Tools, Techniques and Materials used in Hand Embroidery
b. Enlarging and reducing the design
c. Single line embroidery stitches – Running, Stem, Chain, Double knot stitch, Couching, Fly and Feather Stitch.
d. Filling Stitches – French knot, Satin, Herring bone, Button hole, Long and short stitch.
e. Contemporary stitches – Shadow stitch, Cross Stitch, appliqué stitch.
f. Banjara Work – Mirror work, quilting, Drawn thread work, Bead work.
IX. Machine Embroidery : Cording, Running, Round, Long and Short, Satin, Twine Cording, Applique Work, Net Work, Eyelet Work, Quilting Work