Organisation : Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
Announcement : STD-X SSC Social Science
SOCIAL SCIENCES :
This syllabi includes Ancient, Medieval and Modern history. We tried to draw all the events and movements chronologically, also recognized India’s Political, Social and cultural values in the new education policy. Inclusion of Religious and social Reformation can develop moral attitude among the students. Giving deep knowledge of our country, to the students of secondary as well as higher secondary, is our main motto.
Standard X History begins with Revolutions simultaneously turning into Imperialism. Study of two world wars show how the constructive mind turned as a destructive one by giving the knowledge of two dictators.
After that the students will study about scientific and technological era that the students do need now a days. This kind of vast knowledge really make them think about what the world achieved in past, what it is going to achieve now and what will be the future standing before them.
1. To safeguard the comprehensive and unbiased perspective in the teaching of history.
2. To interpret & analyses past in order to understand the present and to face ably the challenges of the future.
3. To develop students’ curiosity and analytical reasoning in the subject of history.
4. To develop contemporary, cultural, social & modern point of view and to build a scientific attitude free from narrow mindedness, regressive prejudices and communalism.
5. To create awareness about the protection of environment.
6. To develop a historical attitude in order to understand universal brotherhood, human rights, international understanding and to understand the challenges of globalization.
7. To create awareness about the important historical events, contemporary important happenings & critical issues.
8. To inculcate and preserve the values of unbiased nationalism, national integration, secularism & democracy.
9. To develop humanitarian & community oriented attitude among the students.
Std. X :
Unit 1 : Imperialism
a) Geographical discoveries andcolonization
b) Asia: India, China, Japan
Unit 2 : 20th Century Age of conflict
a) First world war
b) Russian Revolution
c) The League of Nations
d) Dictatorships in Europe, Second World War and world
e) United Nations Organization
Unit 3 : Emancipation of Asia and Africa
Unit 4 : World after World War II
a) Cold war
b) Scientific and Technological Progress
POLITICAL SCIENCE :
This subject was earlier known as civics. The students were learning basically about rights and duties in this subject. Students are also expected to learn political concepts like democracy, political parties, etc. Therefore, the students will learn Political Science at this stage.
Political Science is a Social Science. We all live in a society. So we must learn about society as well as activities in the society. Basically all political activities are studied in Political Science.
Political Science is one of the important Social Science. It deals with fundamental rights and duties of citizen, Electrical process, Constitution etc. Political Science basically deals with Democracy, political parties, Social diversity and its relationship with democracy. Through the syllabus of political science an attempt is made to explain the challenges to democracy. Political Science trains students to study actual day to day problem to identify and analyse them.
1. To introduce to students importance of Political Science in human life fromprimitive age to modern times.
2. To introduce to students political concepts and political ideologies.
3. To introduce India’s political system to students.
4. To introduce to students attitudes and values strengthening healthy civic and political life.
5. To develop sense of responsibility regarding voting process for developing participatory democracy.
6. To strengthen awareness about Fundamental Rights and Duties listed in constitution.
7. To introduce to the students social diversity in Democracy.